· In order to enter, contestants must submit an entry email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, April 4, 2015, which must include a link to the band/performer’s music online, as well as:
- The name of the band/performer, and names, ages, and schools of all members (Any personal information, including names and contact info, will NOT be posted online)
- A brief description of the band and style of music, to be used on the contest webpage
- A contact name, phone number, and email where the contestants can be reached.
**All links provided must contain at least one song performed by the band that the public can access and hear online, preferably a YouTube video with sound.
· By entering online, you are agreeing to have your link posted on the official BPL Battle of the Bands voting contest page, where voters will go online from April 6 -18, 2015 to listen to the contestants and choose their favorites. The top five finalists will be contacted and announced on April 20, 2015.
· The finalists will be determined by a combination of the number of online votes and the quality of the music performance submitted. If a submission does not meet a minimum standard of performance quality it will be removed from the competition.
· The top six finalists must be available to play the live concert on Friday, August 3, 2018 @ 5:00 pm at the Bangor Public Library (145 Harlow Street, Bangor Me 04401), where they will have up to 15 minutes to perform their set.
· The top 6 finalists chosen for the competition must complete a contestant packet and sign a release form for pictures prior to competing at the final event.
· Judges have the final decision in selecting winners at the live final concert. The judging panel will consist of several figures from the local music scene.